Sunday 5 September 2010

Tunes of the Summer pt.1

Having been to V Festival (Chelmsford) two weeks ago and then Reading Festival last week, I thought I would share some of my highlights of what has been a remarkable summer. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to post your opinions on the following bands (or any others!)

Part 1 will be about V Festival which took place on 21-22 August 2010.


V Festival:

A whirlwind tour, where me and two mates went to see everyone we could, the lineup was that good. Here are some notable stand out moments!

Feeder- The perfect start to the weekend, big tunes, rocking anthems and EVERYONE knows "Buck Rogers"!

Tinie Tempah- Huge crowd in the Nissan Juke Arena. Not a massive fan of commercial pop, but it was a fun set which really kicked off for "Frisky" and "Pass Out". Great afternoon filler.

Chase and Status- Wow. Wow. Wow. I had seen the Drum and Bass duo before at Warriors Dance Festival, but this blew my mind. The tunes were epic, oh, and they also brought out Mr Plan B as a special guest. Epic!

David Guetta- I didn't know what to expect from the French DJ, but I was blown away. The hit singles, including "Memories" and "Sexy Chick" were present along with some DnB remixes and Dubstep beats, with Imogen Heap's song "Hide and Seek" well and truly getting the Guetta treatment. One of my favourite acts of the festival.

The Prodigy- The perfect finish to V. I clambered to the front row for this insane experience. The setlist was as per usual, starting with "World On Fire" and going through the killer hits such as "Firestarter", "Omen" and "Invaders Must Die". The crush that ensued was phenomenal, but it was all worth it when Keith Flint came to meet the crowd halfway through and I got to touch the great man. I true memory to last forever. The finale of the set, "Out Of Space" finished the weekend off nicely with the huge crowd singing back every word in unison. My 2nd V Festival, and certainly not my last.

Part 2 coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment